Acoustic rock duo Tenacious D will hit the road next month behind their self-titled debut album, starting September 8 at the Town Hall in New York.
Jack Black of "High Fidelity" fame and sidekick Kyle Gass will zip from the East Coast to the Midwest and back before going to California in late October. The trek is scheduled to wind down Halloween night at the Warfield in San Francisco.
The comedic twosome's eponymous debut arrives in stores September 25, featuring production work by the Dust Brothers and guest appearances by Foo Fighter Dave Grohl, Phish's Page McConnell, the Vandals' Warren Fitzgerald and Redd Kross' Steve McDonald.
Tenacious D plan to shoot a video for "Wonderboy" with Spike Jonze, who directed Fatboy Slim's "Weapon of Choice" and "Praise You" clips.
The pair also have a string of TV appearances lined up, including "The Late Show With David Letterman" on September 26, "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart" on September 27 and "Late Night With Conan O'Brien" on October 12.
Tenacious D will share a bill with Ween and Galactic on Friday at Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison, Colorado.
Tenacious D tour dates, according to their Epic publicist:
- 9/8 - New York, NY @ Town Hall
- 9/20 - Lake Buena Vista, FL @ House of Blues
- 9/22 - Atlanta, GA @ HiFi Buys Amphitheatre
- 9/28 - Winooski, VT @ Higher Ground
- 10/1 - Detroit, MI @ State Theatre
- 10/3 - Minneapolis, MN @ State Theatre
- 10/5 - Chicago, IL @ Riviera Theatre
- 10/7 - St. Louis, MO @ American Theatre
- 10/9 - Cleveland, OH @ Agora Theatre
- 10/11 - Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
- 10/13 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 10/15 - Raleigh, NC @ The Ritz
- 10/17 - New Orleans, LA @ House of Blues
- 10/19 - Austin, TX @ Austin Music Hall
- 10/23 - Phoenix, AZ @ Web Theatre
- 10/24 - Los Angeles, CA @ Wiltern Theatre
- 10/31 - San Francisco, CA @ The Warfield