Reigning art rock kings Tool announced 14 new tour dates, beginning September 6 in St. Paul, Minnesota, on their official Web site.
Touring in support of its platinum-selling Lateralus which debuted at #1 in May the band just finished a West Coast run of dates with prog rock vets King Crimson (see "Tool Stretch Out And Slow Down In Show With King Crimson"). No openers have been announced for the first 11 new dates, though Fantômas, fronted by ex-Faith No More singer Mike Patton, will come on board September 20 in Portland, Maine, according to a publicist for Ipecac Recordings (see "Tool Tap Fantômas For East Coast Tour").
The Ipecac spokesperson said that while Fantômas have been confirmed for only three dates, their trek with Tool will likely continue into early October.
Tool are also on the lineup for the eclectic Voodoo Music Experience Festival in New Orleans on October 27 (see "Tool, Snoop, Gov't Mule To Share Bill At Voodoo Music Experience").
Tool tour dates, according to the band's official Web site:
- 9/6 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Energy Center
- 9/7 - Madison, WI @ Alliant Energy Center
- 9/8 - Noblesville, IN @ Verizon Wireless Music Center
- 9/9 - Rosemont, IL @ Allstate Arena
- 9/11 - Grand Rapids, MI @ Van Andel Arena
- 9/12 - Dayton, OH @ Ervin J. Nutter Center
- 9/14 - Columbus, OH @ Schottenstein Center
- 9/15 - Cleveland, OH @ CSU Convocation Center
- 9/16 - Auburn Hills, MI @ Palace of Auburn Hills
- 9/18 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
- 9/19 - Montreal, QC @ Molson Centre
- 9/20 - Portland, ME @ Cumberland County Civic Center
- 9/21 - Mansfield, MA @ Tweeter Center
- 9/24 - Wilkes-Barre, PA @ First Union Arena
- 10/27 - New Orleans, LA @ Voodoo Music Experience