Dave Navarro will embark on a 10-date solo outing to warm up for the Jane’s Addiction reunion tour scheduled to kick off in October.
The guitarist will promote his recently released debut, Trust No One (see “Dave Navarro Opens Up On Trust No One“ ), on the trek, which kicks off August 30 in Boston.
Meanwhile, the Jane’s Addiction tour is tentatively set to begin October 2 in Boston, Navarro’s Capitol Records publicist said Tuesday (August 14).
No dates or venues are confirmed for the Jane’s tour, according to a spokesperson at Virgin Records for frontman Perry Farrell, who also released his debut solo album this summer (see “Across The Universe: Perry Farrell Beams Down First Solo LP” ).
Jane’s Addiction, who hadn’t played together since 1997′s Relapse tour, have reunited for a handful of shows this year, including the Coachella Festival and MTV’s 20th-birthday bash (see “MTV’s B-Day Party: Stars From Aaliyah To ZZ Top Celebrate Channel’s 20th” ). Farrell and Navarro began talking about a reunion tour after Coachella.
While Farrell’s album has made little impact on radio, Navarro’s first single, “Rexall,” has garnered airplay across the country.
The guitarist will release “Hungry” as the next single from Trust No One, his publicist said. The “Hungry” video starts shooting next week in Navarro’s hometown of Los Angeles.
Dave Navarro tour dates, according to his publicist:
- 8/30 – Boston, MA @ Hatch Shell
- 8/31 – Providence, RI @ Lupo’s
- 9/1 – Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 9/3 – Hartford, CT @ ctnow.com Meadows Music
- 9/4 – Philadelphia, PA @ TLA
- 9/7 – Cleveland, OH @ The Odium
- 9/8 – Chicago, IL @ Street Festival
- 9/9 – Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue
- 9/11 – St. Louis, MO @ The Galaxy
- 9/15 – Charlotte, NC @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
- 9/21 – Atlanta, GA @ Lakewood Exhibition