Lifehouse will begin their first headlining tour September 10 in Milwaukee, and drummer Rick Woolstenhulme is bringing his brother along for support literally.
The Calling, a group that includes Woolstenhulme's brother Sean on guitar, and singer/songwriter Michelle Branch have been tapped as openers for the tour, a DreamWorks Records spokesperson said.
A dozen shows are scheduled show so far, starting with the Milwaukee stop at the Rave, through an October 1 performance in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, on October 1. More stops are expected, the spokesperson said.
Following a summer tour with 3 Doors Down and Tantric (see [article id="1445102"]"3 Doors Down/Lifehouse/Tantric Live: Ya Gotta Believe"[/article]), the Los Angeles band singer-guitarist Jason Wade, bassist Sergio Andrade and drummer Woolstenhulme, joined by live guitarist Stuart Mathis is taking to the road again in support of its debut album, No Name Face, released last October. The LP has spawned two singles, the breakthrough "Hanging by a Moment" and "Sick Cycle Carousel," and sold more than 1.7 million copies, according to SoundScan.
Branch's The Spirit Room will be released on August 14, and the Calling's Camino Palmero hit stores in July.
Lifehouse tour dates, according to DreamWorks Records:
- 9/10 - Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave
- 9/11 - Chicago, IL @ Vic Theatre
- 9/12 - Pontiac, MI @ Clutch Cargo
- 9/14 - Columbia, MO @ Jesse Auditorium
- 9/15 - Oklahoma City, OK @ Oklahoma State Fair
- 9/17 - Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
- 9/18 - Murray, KY @ Regional Special Events Center
- 9/19 - Grand Rapids, MI @ Calvin College
- 9/23 - Rochester, NY @ Palestra
- 9/28 - Madison, NJ @ Simon Forum
- 9/30 - Wilkes-Barre, PA @ Wilkes University
- 10/1 - Williamsport, PA @ Lycoming College
For an interview with Lifehouse, check out [article id="1438625"]"Lifehouse: Living the Moment"[/article].