An upcoming compilation features new material from Erykah Badu, Macy Gray, India.Arie and other neo-soul stars, as well as previously released tunes from Nelly Furtado and Jill Scott.
Red Star Sounds Volume I: Soul Searchin' will be released on October 9 as the first effort from Red Star Records, a new label created by the Heineken Foundation. The album's proceeds will benefit VH1's music-education charity Save the Music.
"Glitches," the first single, pairs former Groove Theory singer Amel Larrieux and the Roots, while Canadian singer Glenn Lewis graces the second single with "Don't You Forget It."
Macy Gray contributes "We Got Enough," while Badu offers up "Today," providing them with new material for Badu's Marimba Festival to be held Wednesday in Detroit (see [article id="1445933"]"Erykah Badu Shows May Lead To Women-Only Concert Series"[/article]).
Red Star Sounds Volume I: Soul Searchin' track list:
- "Butterfly," India.Arie
- "Today," Erykah Badu
- "Legend (Live Version)," Nelly Furtado
- "We Got Enough," Macy Gray
- "Glitches," Amel Larrieux featuring the Roots
- "Sweetest Thing," Lathun
- "Don't You Forget It," Glenn Lewis
- "High Off You," Jack Herrera featuring Jon B.
- "Still Searching," Damian Marley featuring Stephen Marley and Yami Bolo
- "A Long Walk (A Touch of Jazz Remix)," Jill Scott
- "So Sweet," Brad Young
For a full-length interview with Nelly Furtado, check out [article id="1438031"]"Nelly Furtado: This Bird Has Flown."[/article]