Will those metallic memories of onstage mayhem go to rust once the Ozzfest tour wraps up August 12 in Holmdel, New Jersey? No, they'll be preserved for posterity on the compilation Ozzfest 2001: The Second Millennium, due August 14.
Ozzfest 2001 featuring choice cuts from festival headliners Black Sabbath, Marilyn Manson, Slipknot and Papa Roach was recorded in June during the tour's Milwaukee and Indianapolis stops, according to an Epic Records spokesperson. Sharon Osbourne, Ozzy's wife/manager, produced it.
The 16-track LP is the third album in the Ozzfest-live series, following this year's Second Stage Live (see "Ozzfest's Second Stage Gathers Soulfly, Queens Of The Stone Age, More") and 1997's out-of-print Ozzfest Live! (see "Ozzy, Sepultura, Slayer Turn Up On 'Ozzfest Live'").
Ozzfest 2001 marks the first time bands from the package's second and third stages have been represented alongside the headliners.
Track list for Ozzfest 2001: The Second Millennium, according to Epic Records:
- Black Sabbath - "The Wizard"
- Marilyn Manson - "The Love Song"
- Slipknot - "New Abortion"
- Papa Roach - "Blood Brothers"
- Linkin Park - "With You"
- Disturbed - "Fear"
- Black Label Society - "Superterrorizer"
- Mudvayne - "Death Blooms"
- Drowning Pool - "Bodies"
- Union Underground - "South Texas Death Ride"
- Otep - "Filthy"
- Nonpoint - "What a Day"
- Hatebreed - "Last Breath"
- Systematic - "Deep Colors Bleed"
- Pure Rubbish - "Kiss of Death"
- American Head Charge - "Reach and Touch"