Godsmack and Deftones have given fans a hint of what lies ahead on their co-headlining summer tour, announcing 12 of the more than 40 dates the bands will play.
The first date announced for the trek finds the bands hitting George, Washington, on July 13, though the tour is expected to kick off earlier than that.
While only 12 dates have been announced including shows in New Orleans, Minneapolis, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Boston and two in the New York area the tour is expected to hit a total of 42 amphitheaters. Several multi-band radio festivals will be included in the routing.
Additional dates are expected to be announced early next week. News of the jaunt broke in early April (see "Godsmack, Deftones To Join Up For Summer Tour").
Before the bands unite, Deftones will complete a brief tour of Europe that ends July 6 in France.
Meanwhile, Godsmack are coming off a successful run at last month's Boston Music Awards (see "Boston Music Awards Honor Godsmack, C60"), where they won four awards, including Act of the Year and Album of the Year for Awake.
Godsmack/Deftones tour dates, according to a Deftones spokesperson:
- 7/13 - George, Washington @ The Gorge Amphitheatre
- 7/31 - New Orleans, LA @ New Orleans Arena
- 8/13 - Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center
- 8/15 - Indianapolis, IN @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
- 8/17 - Cincinnati, OH @ Riverbend Music Amphitheatre
- 8/18 - East Troy, WI @ Alpine Valley Music Theatre
- 8/20 - Detroit, MI @ Pine Knob
- 8/23 - Hartford, CT @ Meadows Music Theatre
- 8/24 - Boston, MA @ Tweeter Center
- 8/29 - Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center
- 8/31 - Saratoga Springs, NY @ Performing Arts Center
- 9/1 - Wantagh, NY @ Jones Beach Amphitheatre