It just wouldn't be summer without some Grateful Dead-related tours.
July will find Bob Weir's Ratdog on the road with Phil Lesh and Friends, with the promise of a revamped Furthur Festival to come before Labor Day.
The co-headlining dates mark the first time Ratdog has toured with Lesh, who opened for Bob Dylan last summer. After those seven dates wrap in Saratoga Springs, New York, on July 22, Ratdog will tour with Rusted Root and Karl Denson's Tiny Universe, according to Grateful Dead Productions publicist Dennis McNally.
McNally said that tour may not be called the Furthur Festival, since former Grateful Dead percussionist Mickey Hart, who played on the last Furthur Festival in 1998, won't be available this summer. Whatever it's called, expect the roadshow to run for most of the month of August.
Ratdog/Phil Lesh and Friends tour dates, according to Grateful Dead Productions:
- 7/9 - Oklahoma City, OK @ Zoo Amphitheater
- 7/10 - Maryland Heights, MO @ Riverport Amphitheater
- 7/17 - Clarkston, MI @ DTE Music Theatre
- 7/18 - Columbus, OH @ Polaris Amphitheater
- 7/20 - Mansfield, MA @ Tweeter Center
- 7/21 - Hartford, CT @ Meadows
- 7/22 - Saratoga Springs, NY @ Saratoga Performing Arts Center