Aerosmith, those bad boys of Boston, will embark on an extensive 48-city tour in support of their latest album, Just Push Play, on June 6 in Hartford, Connecticut.
Only a portion of the itinerary has been confirmed, with additional dates to be announced in the coming weeks, a label spokesperson said.
Fuel, supporting last year's Something Like Human, have been tapped to open the shows.
Aerosmith singer Steven Tyler, bassist Tom Hamilton, drummer Joey Kramer and guitarists Joe Perry and Brad Whitford released their 13th studio album in early March. The LP debuted at #2 on the Billboard 200 albums chart soon before the group was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (see "Queen, Aerosmith, Jackson, Simon To Enter Rock Hall").
Confirmed dates for the Just Push Play 2001 tour, according to its promoter, SFX:
- 6/6 - Hartford, CT @ CTNow.com Meadows Music
- 6/8 - Saratoga, NY @ Saratoga Performing Arts Center
- 6/10 - Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center
- 6/16 - Wantagh, NY @ Jones Beach
- 6/22 - Hershey, PA @ Hershey Park
- 6/24 - Bristow, VA @ Nissan Pavilion
- 6/26 - Boston, MA @ Tweeter Center
- 6/28 - Boston, MA @ Tweeter Center
- 6/30 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Post Gazette Pavilion
- 7/2 - Toronto, ON @ Molson Amphitheatre
- 7/9 - Indianapolis, IN @ Verizon Wireless Music Center
- 7/13 - Detroit, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre
- 7/15 - Darien, NY @ Darien Center
- 7/17 - Cleveland, OH @ Blossom Music Center
- 7/19 - St. Louis, MO @ Riverport Amphitheatre
- 7/21 - Kansas City, KS @ Sandstone Amphitheater
- 7/23 - Denver, CO @ Fiddler's Green
- 9/3 - New Orleans, LA @ New Orleans Arena
- 9/7 - Cincinnati, OH @ Riverbend Music Center
- 9/9 - Charlotte, NC @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
- 9/13 - Camden, NJ @ Tweeter Center at the Waterfront
- 9/21 - Raleigh, NC @ Alltel Pavilion
Check back on Saturday for a full-length feature interview with Aerosmith's Joe Perry.