While the well-mannered “Angel” continues to soar, Shaggy will revert to the player persona portrayed on Hotshot‘s first single, “It Wasn’t Me,” for his next potential radio smash.
The kinky casting call “Freaky Girl,” which sports the chorus “I need a freaky girl … someone who understands just what a player needs,” is expected to surface at radio later this month, according to an MCA Records spokesperson. Shaggy, who’s overseas on a promotional tour, is currently considering a video treatment for Hotshot‘s third single.
Anyone thinking they’re freaky enough to pass the audition just might get their chance when the reggae-popster embarks on a brief college tour, beginning Wednesday at the University of Pittsburgh. After the collegiate trek winds down April 28 at the State University of New York in Binghamton, Shaggy will revisit Europe to continue touting the virtues of the multiplatinum Hotshot, which continues its near four-month residency in the top 10 of Billboard‘s albums chart, landing this week at #4 and selling more than 5 million copies to date, according to SoundScan.
Shaggy returns Stateside in June to join the Backstreet Boys’ summer tour, which kicks off June 8 in Orlando, Florida (see “Backstreet Boys Announce Venues For Summer Tour” ).
For a full-length interview with Shaggy, check out “Shaggy: Rocking You Wild.”
Shaggy’s college tour, according to his publicist:
- 4/18 – Pittsburgh, PA @ University of Pittsburgh
- 4/19 – University Park, PA @ Penn State University
- 4/20 – Lewisburg, PA @ Bucknell University
- 4/22 – Kingston, RI @ University of Rhode Island
- 4/24 – Wellesley, PA @ Wellesley College
- 4/25 – Wilmington, DE @ Kahuna Concert Hall
- 4/27 – Loudenville, NY @ Sienna College
- 4/28 – Binghamton, NY @ SUNY Binghamton