Pioneering alterna-pop trio the Blake Babies will support their first new album in a decade with a brief tour in June, according to the group's publicist.
The Boston-based Babies whose lineup maintains original members singer Juliana Hatfield, guitarist John P. Strohm and drummer Freda Love-Smith will begin their curt courtship with the road June 6 in Columbus, Ohio. Only eight shows are confirmed so far, but more are expected to be added, the publicist said.
God Bless the Blake Babies, released March 6, is the first new music from the band since the Babies' 1991 Rosy Jack World EP. The 12-track LP features the song "Brain Damage," a duet between Hatfield and her former boyfriend/frequent muse, Lemonheads frontman Evan Dando, who penned the tune with Australian singer/songwriter Ben Lee.
Blake Babies tour dates, according to their publicist:
- 6/6 - Columbus, OH @ Little Brother's
- 6/7 - Cleveland, OH @ Grog Shop
- 6/8 - Detroit, MI @ Magic Stick
- 6/9 - Chicago, IL @ Double Door
- 6/10 - Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue
- 6/13 - Seattle, WA @ Crocodile Cafe
- 6/15 - San Francisco, CA @ Great American Music Hall
- 6/16 - Los Angeles, CA @ Knitting Factory