With sales of her solo debut album, No Angel, just surpassing the 2.5 million mark here in the States, British singer/songwriter Dido has lined up dates for a North American tour slated to kick off June 10 in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Dido has tapped Travis to open all of the just-announced dates on the month-long trek, which will hit amphitheaters seating 10,000 and more. That's a considerable jump up from the club- and theater-sized venues Dido played on previous North American outings. Additional shows are likely to be added to the Dido/Travis tour itinerary in the next few weeks, according to Dido's U.S. label.
As for Travis, the tour will give the Scottish band a chance to support its new album, The Invisible Band, due June 12. Travis recently completed work on the album in Los Angeles with producer Nigel Godrich, with whom the band also collaborated on its previous album, The Man Who.
Travis are in Los Angeles shooting the video for "Sing," the first single from The Invisible Band, with the husband/wife directing duo of Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris, according to the band's U.S. reps. "Sing" is tentatively slated for release to radio in mid-May, with the video expected to premiere shortly thereafter.
Dates for the Dido/Travis tour, according to Dido's label:
- 6/10 - Vancouver, BC @ General Motors Place
- 6/11 - Seattle, WA @ KeyArena at Seattle Center
- 6/13 - Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheatre
- 6/16 - Irvine, CA @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
- 6/17 - Chula Vista, CA @ Coors Amphitheatre
- 6/18 - Las Vegas, NV @ Hard Rock Hotel
- 6/20 - Atlanta, GA @ HiFi Buys Amphitheatre
- 6/22 - Columbia, MD @ Merriweather Post
- 6/24 - Mansfield, MA @ Tweeter Center
- 6/27 - Wantagh, NY @ Jones Beach Amphitheatre
- 6/29 - Camden, NJ @ Blockbuster - Sony E Center
- 7/1 - Hartford, CT @ CTnow.com Meadows Music
- 7/2 - Darien Center, NY @ Darien Lake Six Flags PAC
- 7/4 - Toronto, ON @ Molson Amphitheatre
- 7/5 - Clarkston, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre
- 7/6 - Tinley Park, IL @ New World Music Theatre
- 7/8 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Energy Center