Canadian crooner Rufus Wainwright will hit the road in May to promote Poses, the follow-up to his self-titled 1998 album.
Poses, due June 5 on DreamWorks, was produced by Pierre Marchand, who is also the longtime producer of Sarah McLachlan. Alex Gifford from the dance duo Propellerheads guests on a track titled “Tower of Learning.”
The son of folk luminaries Loudon Wainwright III and Kate McGarrigle, Wainwright covers his father’s “One Man Guy” on Poses.
Wainwright will kick off the 15-date outing on May 2 in Vancouver, the home of tour openers Tegan & Sara. The 20-year-old twin sisters, who have shared stages with Neil Young, the Pretenders, Joan Osborne and Jonathan Richman in recent months, are promoting their album This Business of Art, released in August.
Rufus Wainwright tour dates, according to his publicist:
- 5/2 – Vancouver, BC @ Richards on the Ave
- 5/3 – Seattle, WA @ Crocodile Cafe
- 5/4 – Portland, OR @ Roseland Grill
- 5/6 – San Francisco, CA @ Great American Music Hall
- 5/7 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Roxy
- 5/10 – Denver, CO @ Soiled Dove
- 5/12 – Minneapolis, MN @ 400 Bar
- 5/13 – Chicago, IL @ Martyr’s
- 5/14 – Detroit, MI @ Magic Bag
- 5/16 – Toronto, ON @ The Guvernment
- 5/17 – Montreal, QC @ Club Soda
- 5/18 – Boston, MA @ Paradise
- 5/20 – Philadelphia, PA @ TLA
- 5/22 – New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom
- 5/23 – Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club