Hip-hop legend and philosopher KRS-One will once again showcase his acclaimed performance skills when he hits the road for three weeks to promote the release of his new LP, The Sneak Attack.
With production completed over the weekend, the album, scheduled for release on April 24, is the rap vet's first record since 1997's I Got Next. The former Boogie Down Productions frontman produced the majority of the album himself and will release it on his Front Page Entertainment label, a joint venture with In the Paint/Koch Records.
KRS is enjoying a buzz with the album's first single, "Hot," and he has tentatively scheduled a track called "Hush" to be the next single. A host of collaborators, including Wyclef Jean, joined KRS in the studio while he was recording The Sneak Attack; songs and collaborators making the LP's final cut have yet to be confirmed.
Underground MC Afu-Ra will join KRS-One on the road as his opening act.
KRS-One's tour dates, according to Koch Records:
- 4/1 - Boston, MA @ Orpheum Theatre
- 4/5 - Philadelphia, PA @ Babylon
- 4/6 - Philadelphia, PA @ Temple University (Lecture - no musical performance)
- 4/7 - Washington, DC @ DC Tunnel
- 4/8 - Norfolk, VA @ Nova Theatre
- 4/11 - Chapel Hill, NC @ Teens Climb High (Lecture - no musical performance)
- 4/12 - Carrboro, NC @ Cat's Cradle
- 4/14 - Atlanta, GA @ AHOP
- 4/15 - Atlanta, GA @ AHOP
- 4/17 - New Orleans, LA @ House of Blues
- 4/18 - Houston, TX @ Fitzgerald's
- 4/19 - Austin, TX @ Antone's
- 4/21 - Dallas, TX @ TBA