Mechanically minded rockers Static-X will prep fans for their upcoming second album, Machine, due May 22, with a tour beginning April 3 in Los Angeles.
The trek, a band spokesperson said, will keep Static-X on the road through an April 29 Columbus, Ohio, date, however more dates are expected to be announced.
Along the way, frontman Wayne Static and the boys will strap on their snowboards and take to the slopes for charity. On April 14 at the Tahoe Ski Area, Static-X will join Linkin Park, Kottonmouth Kings, Stereomud, DJ Z-Trip and Grand Theft Audio for the sixth annual Boarding for Breast Cancer Snowboarding + Music event.
The Static-X spokesperson said the follow-up to 1999's Wisconsin Death Trip will include the songs "Bien Venidos," "Get to the Gone," "Permanence," "Black and White," "This Is Not," "Otsego Undead," "Cold," "Structural Defect," "... In a Bag," "Burn to Burn," "Machine" and "A Dios Alma Perdida."
In other Static-X news, the release of band's home video documentary, "Where the Hell Are We & What Day Is It? This Is Static-X" (see "Documentary Tracks Rise Of Static-X"), has been postponed indefinitely due to manufacturing delays, according to their publicist.
Static-X tour dates, according to their publicist:
- 4/3 - Los Angeles, CA @ Troubadour
- 4/4 - Los Angeles, CA @ Roxy
- 4/14 - Twin Bridges, CA @ Sierra at Tahoe Ski Area
- 4/18 - Albuquerque, NM @ Sunshine Theatre
- 4/19 - Lubbock, TX @ Cell Block G
- 4/20 - Tulsa, OK @ Cains Ballroom
- 4/21 - Lincoln, NE @ Royal Grove
- 4/24 - Peoria, IL @ Madison Theater
- 4/27 - Nashville, TN @ 328 Performance Hall
- 4/29 - Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall