The Eagles will play in Russia for the first time when they kick off a seven-week European tour May 29 in Moscow.
The trek, dubbed Evening With the Eagles, will include concerts in Finland, Sweden, Norway, Germany, Great Britain, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Switzerland and Scotland. There will be no opening act.
The Eagles last toured Europe in 1996 during their Hell Freezes Over tour. The Eagles have no plans to tour the United States, a spokesperson said.
The Eagles lineup includes guitarists Glen Frey and Joe Walsh, drummer Don Henley and bassist Timothy B. Schmit. Last month, Henley and Frey fired guitarist Don Felder, who was a one-third partner in Eagles Ltd. Additional musicians will join the band on tour, but there is no formal replacement for Felder, who is suing Henley and Frey, charging them with wrongful termination.
The Recording Industry Association of America announced Wednesday (March 21) that the Eagles now stand as the third-highest certified group for albums shipped, following the Beatles and Led Zeppelin, and the fifth highest certified artist of all time. They have sold roughly 83.5 million albums in the United States, and Their Greatest Hits: 1971-75 stands as the most successful album in history with sales of 27 million copies.
Henley recently told the Chicago Tribune that after rehearsals for the tour, he and his Eagles bandmates will hit the studio for sessions that may result in the first Eagles studio record since 1979's The Long Run.
Eagles tour dates, according to their publicist:
- 5/29 - Moscow, RUS @ Olympiski
- 6/1 - Helsinki, FIN @ Hartwall Arena
- 6/3 - Stockholm, SWE @ Stockholm Globe Arena
- 6/4 - Oslo, NOR @ Oslo Spektrum
- 6/6 - Hannover, GER @ Preussag Arena
- 6/7 - Cologne, GER @ Cologne Arena
- 6/9 - London, UK @ Earl's Court Arena
- 6/10 - London, UK @ Earl's Court Arena
- 6/11 - London, UK @ Earl's Court Arena
- 6/12 - London, UK @ Earl's Court Arena
- 6/13 - London, UK @ Earl's Court Arena
- 6/15 - London, UK @ Earl's Court Arena
- 6/16 - London, UK @ Earl's Court Arena
- 6/18 - Manchester, UK @ Manchester Evening News Arena
- 6/19 - Manchester, UK @ Manchester Evening News Arena
- 6/29 - Belfast, UK @ Stormont Castle
- 6/30 - Dublin, IRE @ RDS Arena
- 7/3 - Paris, FRA @ Le Bercy
- 7/4 - Ghent, BEL @ Flanders Expo
- 7/6 - Rotterdam, NET @ Ahoy
- 7/10 - Berlin, GER @ Waldbuhne
- 7/11 - Frankfurt, GER @ Festhalle
- 7/13 - Zurich, SWI @ Hallenstadion Zurich
- 7/14 - Lucca, ITA @ Piazza San Martino
- 7/16 - Munich, GER @ Olympiahalle
- 7/19 - Birmingham, UK @ National Indoor Arena
- 7/20 - Birmingham, UK @ National Indoor Arena
- 7/22 - Glasgow, UK @ Hampden Park