Buoyed by the critical success of their debut LP, Felt Mountain, Goldfrapp former Tricky singer Alison Goldfrapp and composer Will Gregory will visit North America for the first time in May.
The Bath, England, duo's brief jaunt begins May 2 in New York at the Bowery Ballroom and wraps up at Chicago's annual Noise Pop festival on May 10.
Alison Goldfrapp appeared on outspoken trip-hop pioneer Tricky's 1995 album Maxinquaye, as well as on U.K. techno outfit Orbital's Snivilisation in 1994.
Goldfrapp, currently touring Europe, blends melancholy vocals, ambient atmospherics and classical music on Felt Mountain, garnering her comparisons to Icelandic electro-songstress Bjork.
Goldfrapp tour dates according to Mute Records:
- 5/2 - New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom
- 5/4 - Montreal, Quebec @ Le Spectrum
- 5/5 - Toronto, Ontario @ Lee's Palace
- 5/8 - Los Angeles, CA @ El Rey
- 5/9 - San Francisco, CA @ Great American Music Hall
- 5/10 - Chicago, IL @ Schuba's (Noise Pop Festival)