Fresh from a tour down under, Mudvayne have barely enough time to reapply their makeup before hitting the dusty trail again.
The quartet from Peoria, Illinois, will take their show (and their horrific face paint) on the road in the U.S. beginning February 11 in Minneapolis.
Following a slot on Australia's Big Day Out tour and a layover gig in Tokyo, Japan, bandmembers Kud (vocals), Gurrg (guitar), sPaG (drums) and Ryknow (bass) will be making their fourth domestic jaunt in support of their major-label debut, L.D. 50, and the single "Dig."
Last year's fiery second-stage performance on the Tattoo the Earth Tour brought initial attention to the band, whose intricate brand of hard rock has been labeled "math metal." L.D. 50, the follow-up to the band's indie debut, Kill I Oughta, was produced by GGGarth (Rage Against the Machine, Kittie) and executive produced by Slipknot's Shawn "#6" Crahan, a first for the clown-faced percussionist. Released in August, the album is approaching the six-figure sales mark, according to SoundScan.
Here is Mudvayne's tour itinerary, according to the band's publicist, with more dates expected to be added:
- 2/11 - Minneapolis, MN @ Quest
- 2/14 - Seattle, WA @ Graceland
- 2/15 - Portland, OR @ Pine Street Balcony
- 2/16 - San Francisco, CA @ The Pound
- 2/17 - Chico, CA @ Brickworks
- 2/18 - Orangevale, CA @ Boardwalk
- 2/20 - Los Angeles, CA @ TBA
- 2/21 - Mesa, AZ @ The Nile
- 2/22 - Las Vegas, NV @ Sanctuary
- 2/23 - Tucson, AZ @ Metro
- 2/25 - Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theatre
- 2/27 - San Antonio, TX @ Sunset Station
- 3/1 - Houston, TX @ Engine Room
- 3/2 - Dallas, TX @ Deep Ellum Live