The Promise Ring are making their way back to the road.
The emo foursome have rescheduled a series of dates canceled last fall due to health issues related to singer/guitarist Davey vonBohlen's battle with a brain tumor (see [article id="1433389"]"Promise Ring Cancel More Shows"[/article]).
The new California dates make up for a string of shows the band had lined up for late October and early November with punk veterans Bad Religion (see [article id="1425284"]"Promise Ring Pull Out of Bad Religion Tour"[/article]). The group wound up leaving the two-month tour a week early and postponing a number of December dates.
Though doctors advised against it, vonBohlen managed to perform at a Christmas show in Milwaukee on December 9, then wisely obeyed medical advice and took the rest of the month off.
Here's the slate of new Promise Ring dates as provided by their publicist:
- 2/8 - Pomona, CA @ Glass House
- 2/9 - Los Angeles, CA @ El Rey
- 2/10 - Santa Cruz, CA @ The Rio
- 2/11 - San Francisco, CA @ Great American Music Hall
- 2/15 - Oshkosh, WI @ Union Square/ UW Oshkosh
- 2/16 - St. Louis, MO @ Gargoyle
- 2/17 - Champaign, IL @ Hi Dive (w/ Centromatic)
- 2/18 - Chicago, IL @ Empty Bottle w/ Centromatic)