Mississippi rockers 3 Doors Down, who performed in Puerto Rico on Saturday, will return Stateside this week for a series of one-off shows,leading up to the launch of a winter U.S. tour, starting on February 28 in Spartanburg, South Carolina.
Opening for 3 Doors Down on all dates of the tour will be Oleander, while Fuel will join the bill starting on March 6 in Stony Brook, New York, and continuing through a March 19 concert in Marietta, Ohio.
"That ought to be fun," 3 Doors Down guitarist Chris Henderson said of touring with Fuel. "Those guys are cool, and we're gonna step up to the next size venue, with bigger shows, bigger production, and everybody's going to have a good time. ... Our tours are usually pretty fun. It's like one big family."
After a break for the holidays, Henderson said, the band which has sold some 3.89 million copies of its debut album, The Better Life, according to SoundScan was eager to get back out on the road and start playing in front of live audiences again.
"We're going to tour until we just can't tour anymore," Henderson said. "That's the good thing about this band. It's a rock band, and we love the road. ... It gets tiring and you want to come home, but [after] two or three days in the house, you can go do six months again. So, we're going to stay on the road as long as we can possibly can."
3 Doors Down found inspiration for the video to their new single, "Duck and Run," during their tour last fall, as director Marc Webb, who also helmed Cold's clip for "Just Got Wicked," followed the band on- and offstage for five straight days.
"Every shot on the screen was taken live, just by a film crew that walked around with us for five days and filmed five different shows," Henderson said of the "Duck and Run" video. "It's backstage, it's on the bus, it's us in restaurants. ... Wherever we went, they followed us with a camera and they pieced the video together like that.
"And it just kind of shows what life on the road with 3 Doors Down is all about," he added, "and it's a pretty accurate representation, too, because none of it was staged. It was just cameras in your face, kind of like 'The Real World.' "
Though there is not yet a release date for the "Duck and Run" video, the single was released to radio last week.
3 Doors Down will travel to the Sundance Festival in Deer Valley, Utah, for a performance on Wednesday, and the group will also travel to Ybor City, Florida, this weekend for a Super Bowl-related gig.
3 Doors Down dates:
- 1/24 - Deer Valley, UT @ Snow Park Lodge Sundance
- 1/27 - Ybor City, FL @ Downtown Stage
- 2/1 - Baton Rouge, LA @ LSU Pete Maravich Center
- 2/28 - Spartanburg, SC @ Memorial Auditorium (w/ Oleander and Shades Apart)
- 3/2 - Raleigh, NC @ The Ritz (w/ Oleander and Shades Apart)
- 3/3 - Norfolk, VA @ Boathouse (w/ Oleander and Shades Apart)
- 3/4 - Erie, PA @ Eric Civic Center Complex (w/ Oleander and Shades Apart)
- 3/6 - Stony Brook, NY @ SUNY-Stony Brook Sports Complex (w/ Fuel and Oleander)
- 3/7 - New York, NY @ Roseland Ballroom (w/ Fuel and Oleander)
- 3/14 - Newark, DE @ University of Delaware Bob Carpenter Center (w/ Fuel and Oleander)
- 3/16 - Asbury Park, NJ @ Asbury Park Convention Hall (w/ Fuel and Oleander)
- 3/17 - Fairfield, CT @ Sacred Heart University Pitt Center (w/ Fuel and Oleander)
- 3/19 - Marietta, OH @ Ben Johnson Fieldhouse (w/ Fuel and Oleander)