As they prepare to shoot a video for their next single, “Mad Season,” Matchbox Twenty have lined up a 14-city arena tour with openers Everclear and Lifehouse.
The trek kicks off on February 27 at Minneapolis’ Target Center, hitting the Midwest and East Coast before wrapping up on March 29 in Universal City, California.
The band’s upcoming single shares its name with the group’s second LP, Mad Season, and follows the radio hits “Bent” and “If You’re Gone” off that disc. A video for the track is expected to begin filming in mid-February, with the song hitting radio in mid- to late March.
Here’s Matchbox Twenty’s Mad Season 2001 tour itinerary, supplied by their label:
- 2/27 – Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center
- 2/28 – Milwaukee, WI @ U.S. Cellular Arena
- 3/2 – Rosemont, IL @ Allstate Arena
- 3/3 – Auburn Hills, MI @ Palace of Auburn Hills
- 3/5 – Cleveland, OH @ Gund Arena
- 3/6 – Indianapolis, IN @ Conseco Fieldhouse
- 3/8 – Cincinnati, OH @ Firstar Center
- 3/9 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Mellon Arena
- 3/11 – Fairfax, VA @ Patriot Center
- 3/12 – Wilkes-Barre, PA @ First Union Arena
- 3/15 – Worcester, MA @ the Centrum
- 3/16 – New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
- 3/17 – Camden, NJ @ Blockbuster – Sony E Center
- 3/29 – Universal City, CA @ Universal Amphitheater