With their live double album due out on March 13, Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals have mapped out plans for an accompanying winter trek, beginning on February 1 in Boston.
The upcoming release, tentatively titled Live, will feature tracks recorded last year at various stops during the singer/songwriter’s extensive tour in support of his studio album Burn to Shine.
“We multitrack every show to a 24-track [board]. … It will be a well-rounded representation of the music that I make,” Harper recently said of the project, which will feature a mix of full band electric material and solo acoustic material (see “Ben Harper Preps Live Double-Album Set” ).
A complete track listing for the live album remains forthcoming, as there are ongoing discussions regarding which material will be included. The double-disc set is being overseen by Harper and his longtime producer, J.P. Plunier.
Current dates for Ben Harper’s upcoming tour:
- 2/1 – Boston, MA @ Orpheum Theatre
- 2/2 – Burlington, VT @ Burlington Memorial Auditorium
- 2/3 – Waltham, MA @ Brandeis University
- 2/4 – Hanover, NH @ Dartmouth College
- 2/6 – Providence, RI @ Lupo’s Heartbreak Hotel
- 2/8 – Lewiston, ME @ Bates College
- 2/9 – Storrs, CT @ Jorgensen Auditorium
- 2/10 – Rochester, NY @ Institute Of Technology
- 2/11 – Akron, OH @ University Of Akron
- 2/13 – Grand Rapids, MI @ Calvin College
- 2/15 – Muncie, IN @ Emens Auditorium
- 2/16 – Athens, OH @ Ohio University
- 2/18 – Decorah, IA @ Luther College
- 2/19 – Champaign, IL @ University Of Illinois
- 2/20 – Knoxville, TN @ Tennessee Theatre
- 2/22 – Lake Buena Vista, FL @ House of Blues
- 2/23 – Gainesville, FL @ University Of Florida
- 2/24 – Myrtle Beach, SC @ House Of Blues
- 2/26 – Winston-Salem, NC @ Wake Forest University
- 3/1 – Athens, GA @ University Of Georgia
- 3/2 – Spartanburg, SC @ Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium
- 3/3 – Charlottesville, VA @ University Of Virginia