The Twilight Singers, the project fronted by Afghan Whigs singer Greg Dulli, will be heading out on the road in mid-October to support the band’s new album, “Twilight As Played By The Twilight Singers.”
The live band will include Dulli and co-anchor Harold Chichester (Howlin’ Maggie). In an online chat earlier this month, Dulli reported that the group’s third key member, Shawn Smith (Satchel, Pigeonhed, Brad), will not be participating. According to Smith’s official Web site, a new Pigeonhed album is under way.
Expected to join Dulli and Chichester are Whigs drummer Michael Horrigan on bass and new Howlin’ Maggie members Carlton Smith on drums and Lance Ellison on guitar. The tour will be a brief one due in part to the pending release of Howlin’ Maggie’s next album this winter.
The Afghan Whigs are also well into writing a new record that the band hopes to record in California later this year and release in 2001.
The Twilight Singers’ “Twilight”
was released on September 12 (see “Afghan Whigs’ Dulli Readies Twilight Singers” ). Tour dates for the band are as follows:
- 10/13 – New Orleans, LA @ Tipitina’s
- 10/14 – Atlanta, GA @ Cotton Club
- 10/15 – Cincinnati, OH @ Top Cat’s
- 10/17 – New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom
- 10/20 – Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 10/21 – Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre Of Living Arts
- 10/22 – Boston, MA @ Paradise Rock Club
- 10/24 – Detroit, MI @ Magic Stick
- 10/25 – Chicago, IL @ Club Metro
- 10/26 – Minneapolis, MN @ 400 Bar
- 10/29 – Seattle, WA @ Showbox
- 10/31 – San Francisco, CA @ Slim’s
- 11/1 – Los Angeles, CA @ Knitting Factory