Third Eye Blind are starting to firm up plans for a U.S. tour that kicks off later this month and will see the band roam across the States for the rest of the summer.
The band has already spent the better part of the last year and a half on the road, and knows full well the physical toll such a schedule can take on unprepared musicians.
As frontman Stephan Jenkins told MTV News, the rigors of the road caught up with the band last year when bassist Arion Salazar came down with a serious fever.
"That's the only time we've ever missed a show," Jenkins said of the incident. "We were on tour in England, and Arion had a 104 temperature, or something like that. He was like, 'I can do it. I think we can do the show. I think I'm going to be all right.' That was kind of a dicey moment, because when you hit like 106 or something, then your egg gets cooked. So that was bad, and a few days before that I thought I was walking off the stage,
and it was actually a hole in the stage, and it cracked a rib and knocked me out. So I spent a good portion of the tour high on pain killers." [950k QuickTime]
The band made it through the rest of that run, and has had a few weeks to rest before launching its upcoming tour on June 25 in Binghamton, New York.
Here's how the band's "Bonfire Tour" shapes up so far (more dates will soon be announced):
- 6/25 - Binghamton, NY @ Broome County Arena
- 6/26 - Providence, RI @ Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel
- 6/27 - Gilford, NH @ Meadowbrook Farm
- 7/1 - Muskegon, MI @ Summer Celebration
- 7/2 - Detroit, MI @ Phoenix Plaza Amph.
- 7/3 - Milwaukee, WI @ Summerfest
- 7/5 - Traverse City, MI @ National Cherry Festival
- 7/7 - Dayton, OH @ Hara Arena
- 7/8 - Pittsburgh, PA @ I.C. Light Amphitheater
- 7/10 - Cleveland, OH @ Nautica
- 7/11 - Darien Center, NY @ Darien Lakes
- 7/12 - Vernon, NY @ Vernon Downs
- 7/14 - New York, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom
- 7/17 - Boston, MA @ Harborlights Pavilion
- 7/18 - Wallingford, CT @ Oakdale Music Theatre
- 7/21 - Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
- 7/24 - Columbia, MD @ Merriweather Post
- 7/25 - Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Arts Center
- 7/26 - State College, PA @ Tussey Mountain