Sugar Ray's Mark McGrath is not a doctor, but he will be playing one on TV.
The singer will be appearing on the May 11 episode of NBC's hit hospital drama "ER" as a character named "Dr. Nadio." (Check local listings for exact air times.)
Mark McGrath will also be hitting the small screen to co-host the World Music Awards along with Elle MacPherson. The show will air in June on ABC.
As for Sugar Ray, the band is currently holed up in bass player Murph's house in Orange County, California, writing and recording for the follow-up to last year's double platinum "14:59" album, the band's management confirmed to MTV News. The group hopes to release the album in the fall.
The group's "Personal Space Invader," a song taken from "14:59," is featured on the soundtrack to the MTV movie "Jailbait," which is in stores now.
Meanwhile, Sugar Ray kicks off a U.S. tour on Saturday, performing at Paramount's King's Island theme park in King's Island, Ohio.
Here is the complete itinerary:
- 4/29 - Kings Island, OH @ Paramount's
- 4/30 - Richmond, VA @ Paramount's/King Dominion
- 5/4 - West Palm Beach, FL @ Sunfest 2000
- 5/5 - Orlando, FL @ Hard Rock Live
- 5/6 - Myrtle Beach, SC @ House Of Blues
- 5/12 - Chula Vista, CA @ Coors Amphitheatre
- 5/13 - Los Angeles, CA @ Dodger Stadium (KIIS-FM Radio Show)
- 5/19 - West Valley, UT @ E-Center (94.9 ZHT Radio Show)
- 6/1 - Atlantic City, NJ @ Trump Marina
- 6/4 - Charlotte, NC @ Paramount's Carowinds Park
- 8/6 - Bethelehem, PA @ Musikfest