April 16 [12:00 EST] -- Stone Temple Pilots reportedly forked over $8,500 after Saturday night's show at Purdue University to make up for damage that fans did to chairs, tiles, and walls at the venue.
According to "The Purdue Exponent," STP frontman Scott Weiland excited the crowd of more than 5,000 by saying, "Okay, let's have a real rock concert. This is an invitation for all of you to come up here... it's an orgy."
The director of the Elliot Hall of Music, Steve Hall, told the "Exponent" that the crowd then rushed to the front of the stage, and audience members left at the back of crowd stood on their seats and began jumping on them, doing significant damage. In the end, 73 seats valued at $110 a piece fell victim to the overheated STP faithful.
Hall also told the paper that fans in the venue's balcony caused damage by hanging their feet over the balcony's edge and thumping them against the wall.
The band reportedly rectified the situation right away,
making out a check to the school for $8,500.
If you'd like to cause some damage, or if you're one of those people who likes to go to shows and actually listen to music, here's where the band will be:
- 4/16 - Saginaw, MI @ Wendler Arena
- 4/18 - Evansville, IN @ Roberts Stadium
- 4/19 - Fort Wayne, IN @ Allen Co. Mem. Coliseum
- 4/21 - Toledo, OH @ Toledo Sports Arena
- 4/22 - Erie, PA @ Erie Civic Center
- 4/24 - Syracuse, NY @ Onondaga War Memorial
- 4/25 - Portland, ME @ Cumberland Civic Ctr.
- 4/26 - Amherst, MA @ Mullins Center
- 4/28 - Binghamton, NY @ Broome County Arena
- 4/29 - Bethlehem, PA @ Stabler Arena
- 5/1 - Johnson City, TN @ Freedom Hall
- 5/2 - Roanoke, VA @ Roanoke Civic Center
- 5/3 - North Charleston, SC @ No. Charleston Coliseum