After their new album cracked the Billboard top 20 in its first week on the charts, the Squirrel Nut Zippers are hoping to keep the momentum rolling with the next leg of their tour, and an appearance on "The Late Show With David Letterman."
The Zippers, whose "Perennial Favorites" album debuts at number 18 on the Billboard chart next week, will be the musical guests on the CBS late night talk show on September 1, three days before the group kicks off the second leg of its tour in Jacksonville, Oregon.
The band will wrap up the first leg of the tour this weekend with shows in New Orleans and Charlotte, NC and will then take two weeks off before the Letterman appearance.
If you'd rather see the band in the flesh than on TV, here's where to look:
- 8/15 - New Orleans, LA @ House Of Blues
- 8/16 - Charlotte, NC @ Swing 1000
- 9/4 - Jacksonville, OR @ Britt Festival
- 9/5 - Vancouver, BC @ Rage
- 9/6 - Seattle, WA @ Bumbershoot Festival
- 9/7 - Portland,
OR @ Rose Garden Amph.
- 9/9 - San Francisco, CA @ Warfield
- 9/11 - Provo, UT @ Club Omni
- 9/12 - Denver, CO @ Ogden Theatre
- 9/13 - Denver, CO @ Ogden Theatre
- 9/15 - Lawrence, KS @ Liberty Hall
- 9/16 - St. Louis, MO @ Casa Loma Ballroom
- 9/17 - Cincinnati, OH @ Bogart's
- 9/18 - Nashville, TN @ Vanderbilt University
- 9/19 - Atlanta, GA @ Tabernacle