If you want to catch the Squirrel Nut Zippers performing in support of their upcoming album "Bedlam Ballroom," you might want to cut a couple eyeholes out of a bedsheet and toss it over your head.
The North Carolina jazzbos will release their next album on October 17, and shortly thereafter the group will hit the streets of New York to perform in the 27th annual New York Village Halloween Parade. On Tuesday, October 31, the band will wind its way up 6th Avenue along with thousands of costumed revelers.
"We're really excited to be a part of this year's parade," head Zipper Jim Mathus said in a statement announcing the news. "The whole band is looking forward to having a good time with everybody in New York City."
The Halloween gig will come amid a short string of dates for the band that kicks off on October 14 in Clarksdale, Mississippi. This year's parade will be broadcast live on the Sci Fi Channel beginning at 7 p.m. (ET) with comedian Kathy Griffin
serving as host.
If you can't make it to New York (or if you can't handle Kathy Griffin), you can pick up the Squirrel Nut Zippers' "Bedlam Ballroom" in stores on October 17, or you can check out the band at the following shows:
- 10/14 - Clarksdale, MS @ Hopson Music Festival
- 10/25 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 10/27 - Boston, MA @ The Roxy
- 10/28 - Providence, RI @ Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel
- 11/8 - Boulder, CO @ Boulder Theater
- 11/9 - Denver, CO @ Ogden Theatre
- 11/13 - Los Angeles, CA @ El Rey Theatre
- 11/14 - San Diego, CA @ 4th & B
- 11/16 - San Francisco, CA @ Great American Music Hall
- 11/17 - San Francisco, CA @ Great American Music Hall
- 11/19 - Medford, OR @ Craterian Ginger Rogers Theater