One of the hottest tickets of the summer -- if not the hottest -- was for Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band's tour; the long-awaited reunion sold out arenas in the six cities that it hit, including 15 nights at the Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford, in Springsteen's home state of New Jersey.Now word comes that the recently inducted Rock & Roll Hall Of Famer will take the tour to a number of other cities, including Fargo, Milwaukee, and his one-time home of Los Angeles. In other E Street News, guitarist Steve Van Zandt, perhaps better known these days for his role on the HBO series "The Sopranos," will be releasing his first solo album in ten years on September 15. "Born Again Savage" will be available via the Web site RenegadeNation.com, and will be hitting traditional record stores in November. On the album, Van Zandt was backed up by U2 bass player Adam Clayton and drummer Jason Bonham, son of the late Led Zeppelin drummer, John Bonham.
As previously reported (see "Lisa Stansfield, Clarence Clemons To 'Swing' On Disc"), E Street sax player Clarence Clemons has also been honing his acting chops, as he co-starred with Lisa Stansfield in the film "Swing."If you prefer to catch Springsteen, Van Zandt, Clemons and the rest of the E Streeters in person rather than on the screen here's where they'll be:
- 10/15 - Phoenix, AZ @ America West
- 10/17 - Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center (previously announced)
- 10/18 - Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center
- 10/25 - Oakland, CA @ Oakland Coliseum
- 10/26 - Oakland, CA @ Oakland Coliseum
- 11/3 - Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center
- 11/6 - Fargo, ND @ Fargo Dome
- 11/9 - Milwaukee, WI @ Bradley Center
- 11/10 - Indianapolis, IN @ Conseco Fieldhouse
- 11/14 - Cleveland, OH @ Gund Arena
- 11/19 - Buffalo, NY @ Marine Midland
- 11/21 - Albany, NY @ Pepsi Arena
expected to return to the Continental Airlines Arena for a New Year's Eve show, although that date has not yet been confirmed.