June 2 [12:00 EDT] -- Soul Asylum kicked off a month-long U.S. tour this weekend that will culminate when the band plays a prom in North Dakota.
No, the band hasn't hit the skids. They agreed to play for the students of Central and Red River High Schools in Grand Forks after the students' original prom plans were washed away with the spring floods that ravaged the state.
The prom has now been moved to a hangar at the Grand Forks Air Force base, and on June 28 the band will be on hand to help the students celebrate the end of another school year, and to forget the tragedy that the rain of spring brought to the area.
Before their prom date, Soul Asylum will warm up with a string of shows that began Saturday night in the band's hometown of Minneapolis, Minnesota. Here's where else they'll be:
- 6/14 - New York, NY @ Fleadh Festival at Randall's Island
- 6/16 - Washington, DC @ 930 Club
- 6/17 - Richmond, VA @ The Flood Zone
- 6/19 - Charleston, SC
@ The Music Farm
- 6/20 - Atlanta, GA @ Nike Farm
- 6/21 - Dubuque, IA @ Livestock Festival
- 6/23 - Columbia, MO @ The Blue Note
- 6/24 - St. Louis, MO @ Mississippi Nights
- 6/25 - Chicago, IL @ Cabaret Metro
- 6/26 - Milwaukee, WI @ Summerfest at Leinie Lodge
- 6/28 - Grand Forks, ND @ Grand Forks Air Force Base