Smashing Pumpkins have announced the first single from their upcoming album, and have lined up a string of European dates that will see the band road-test its new material.
The first single off the band's upcoming "Adore" album, a song called "Ava Adore," will soon be popping up on the radio and TV airwaves.
The Pumpkins will also launch a promotional tour in Europe next week on which the band will roll out material from its upcoming album "Adore," which is due to hit stores on June 2.
For the tour, which will see the band visit 13 countries, the Pumpkins will be joined by Tom Waits percussionist Stephen Hodges and David Bowie keyboardist Mike Garson. As we first reported last week (see "Smashing Pumpkins Tap Mellencamp Violinist For Tour"), the band's line-up will also be bolstered by John Mellencamp drummer Kenny Aronoff and violinist/vocalist Lisa Germano.
After playing such off-beat European locales as
Denmark's Tivoli Gardens and Spain's Guggenheim Museum, the band will move on to Australia and Japan before returning to the States in July for a series of dates, a few of which will be as part of this summer's H.O.R.D.E. tour (see "Smashing Pumpkins, Paula Cole, Marcy Playground, Fastball Join H.O.R.D.E.").
Here's how the band's European itinerary shapes up:
- 5/14 - Hamburg, Germany @ Speilbudenplatz
- 5/16 - Genova, Italy @ Genova Harbor
- 5/18 - Cannes, France @ Cannes
- 5/19 - Lisbon, Portugal @ TBD
- 5/21 - Bilbao, Spain @ Guggenheim Museum
- 5/23 - London, England @ Shepherds Bush
- 5/25 - Stockholm, Sweden @ Skansen
- 5/26 - Copenhagen, Denmark @ Tivoli Gardens
- 5/28 - Brussels, Belgium @ Botanique Gardens
- 5/29 - Nuremberg, Germany @ Rock am Ring Festival
- 5/31 - Dublin, Ireland @ Olympia Theater
- 6/1 - Landgraaf, Holland @ Pinkpop Festival
- 6/4 - Paris, France @ FNAC Rooftop (afternoon)
- 6/4 - Paris, France @ Palais du Sport (evening)
- 6/5 - Lyon, France @ TBD
- 6/7 - Rome, Italy @ Gradinata delle EUR
- 6/9 - Athens, Greece @ TBD