After much planning and schedule shuffling, Slipknot frontman Corey Taylor finally made it to Arizona this week to join fellow heavy music purveyors Soulfly in the studio.
On Thursday, Taylor hooked up with Soulfly to record a track for the Brazilian band's next album, tentatively titled "Primitive." As we previously reported, The band has already recruited Slayer's Tom Araya, the Deftones' Chino Moreno, and Will Haven's Grady Avenell for the album, as well as Sean Lennon (see "Soulfly To Play Abril Pro Rock Fest").
Slipknot and Soulfly had been trying to make the in-the-studio pairing happen for weeks and finally found the opportunity when Slipknot's tour rolled in to Phoenix (where Soulfly is currently recording) to play the Celebrity Theater on Thursday night.
As Slipknot's tour rolls on, the band will also up its nationwide exposure with a stint as coverboys for the June issue of "Guitar World" magazine.
The issue comes with 3D glasses, allowing readers to have a real-life Slipknot experience without the fear of permanent hearing loss.
If you are cut from a braver cloth, here's where you can catch Slipknot before the band heads to Europe this summer:
- 4/28 - Del Mar, CA @ Activities Center
- 4/29 - Las Vegas, NV @ House Of Blues
- 4/30 - San Francisco, CA @ The Warfield
- 5/2 - Seattle, WA @ DV8
- 5/3 - Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom
- 5/4 - Portland, OR @ Roseland Theater
- 5/5 - Spokane, WA @ Playfair Racetrack
- 5/6 - Boise, ID @ Boise State Pavilion
- 5/7 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Utah State Fairpark
- 5/9 - Sacramento, CA @ Memorial Auditorium
- 5/10 - Reno, NV @ Rodeo Rock
- 5/11 - Fresno, CA @ Rainbow Ballroom
- 5/12 - West Hollywood, CA @ Hollywood Palladium
- 5/15 - Tucson, AZ @ New West
- 5/17 - Denver, CO @ Fillmore Auditorium
- 5/27 - Somerset, WI @ Float Rite Park Amphitheatre