The Aussie teen trio Silverchair is preparing the March release of its third album, "Neon Ballroom," and has just announced an itinerary for the first complete leg of its North American tour, slated to kick-off on March 10 in Atlanta.
The new concert dates are in addition to the three previously announced mid-February shows, one in the U.K and two in the U.S., at which Silverchair -- with new touring keyboardist Sam Holloway in tow -- plans to premiere much of the new album in a live setting.
Silverchair has also just completed the video to "Anthem for the Year 2000," the planned first single from "Neon Ballroom," but there's no word yet on when the song or video will be released here in the states.
Dates for the initial leg of Silverchair's North American tour:
- 3/10 - Atlanta, GA @ Roxy Theater
- 3/11 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 3/12 - Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero
- 3/15 - Chicago, IL @ Vic Theater
- 3/16 - Minneapolis, MN @
- 3/18 - Cleveland, OH @ Odeon Concert Club
- 3/19 - Detroit, MI @ St. Andrews Hall
- 3/20 - Toronto, ONT @ Warehouse
- 3/22 - Montreal, QUE @ Le Spectrum