Fear not, Texas, the Tattoo The Earth tour is coming your way.
San Antonio, Houston, and Dallas are among the cities included in a week's worth of new dates added to the itinerary, which was first announced earlier this week. The tour, which boasts Slipknot, Slayer, Sevendust, Coal Chamber, and others, will also hit Pontiac, Michigan and Mercedes, Texas.
In total, 14 of rock's heaviest hitters (including Sepultura, Nashville Pussy, (hed) pe, Downset, Puya, and others) will be spread across two stages on the tour, with a host of tattoo artists, body piercers, and henna artists in between. Among the men providing the ink the for tour will be Sean Vasquez (who has tattooed Howard Stern as well as members of the Sex Pistols and Kiss) and Paul Booth (who has worked on members of Limp Bizkit, Pantera, and the Deftones as well as The Undertaker of the WWF).
The tour will also play host to some special musical guests along the way. Tattoo The Earth's first
date, July 15, will see the tour join up with Stone Temple Pilots and the KUFO radio show in Portland, Oregon. Then, on July 20, Metallica will top the Tattoo The Earth bill for one night only at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey (see "Metallica, Puya, More To 'Tattoo'").
If you're into the ink or the noise (and we mean that in best possible way) here's how the Tattoo The Earth tour shapes up now (as always, tour dates are subject to change):
- 7/15 - Portland, OR @ Portland Meadows (w/KUFO)
- 7/18 - Lawrence, KS @ Burcham Park
- 7/20 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Giants Stadium (w/Metallica)
- 7/21 - Scranton, PA @ Montage Mountain
- 7/22 - Boston, MA @ Suffolk Downs
- 7/24 - Cleveland, OH @ Nautica
- 7/27 - Des Moines, IA @ Waterworks Park
- 7/28 - Somerset, WI @ FloatRite Park
- 7/29 - Milwaukee, WI @ Rave Complex
- 7/30 - Pontiac, MI @ Phoenix Plaza
- 8/2 - San Antonio,
TX @ Far West
- 8/4 - Mercedes, TX @ Mercedes Showgrounds
- 8/5 - Houston, TX @ Pasadena Fairgrounds
- 8/6 - Dallas, TX @ Fair Park Coliseum