He cleaned house at the Grammys and has had a stranglehold on the top of the album chart for months, and now Carlos Santana has set his sights on U.S. arenas.
Santana has lined up a U.S. tour that kicks off on July 20 in West Palm Beach, Florida. So far, only the first leg of the U.S. outing has been lined up, but the legendary guitarist plans to hit Washington, New York, Toronto, Philadelphia, Boston, and other cities before wrapping up on August 22 in Minneapolis.
Dates for the second leg of Santana's U.S. tour have yet to be announced.
The news of the tour comes amid the post-Grammy glow of a nine-win night for Santana. The rock vet swept all the major categories at the annual award show, including Album Of The Year, Record Of The Year, and Song Of The Year, which actually went to songwriters Itaal Shur and Rob Thomas (see "Santana Rolls On Grammy Night; TLC, Eminem, Aguilera Hit Gold").
The Grammy landslide paid
some immediate dividends for Santana, as the rocker saw one-week sales of his "Supernatural" more than double after the awards show (see "Grammys Mean Sales For Santana, Aguilera, Others")
Here's how Santana's U.S. tour looks so far:
- 7/20 - West Palm Beach, FL @ Coral Sky Pavilion
- 7/21 - Tampa, FL @ Ice Palace
- 7/22 - Atlanta, GA @ TBA
- 7/23 - Charlotte, NC @ Blockbuster Pavilion
- 7/25 - Raleigh, NC @ Walnut Creek Amph.
- 7/26 - Virginia Beach, VA @ GTE Virginia Bch. Amph.
- 7/28 - Bristow, VA @ Nissan Pavilion
- 7/29 - Wantagh, NY @ Jones Beach Amph.
- 8/1 - Boston, MA @ Tweeter Center
- 8/4 - Philadelphia, PA @ E-Center
- 8/5 - Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center
- 8/6 - Hartford, CT @ Meadows Music Center
- 8/8 - Montreal, QC @ TBA
- 8/9 - Toronto, ON @ TBA
- 8/11 - Cleveland, OH @ TBA
- 8/12 - Cincinnati, OH @ Riverbend Amph.
- 8/13 - Detroit, MI @ Pine Knob Amph.
- 8/16 - Pittsburgh,
PA @ Starlake Amph.
- 8/18 - Milwaukee, WI @ Marcus Amph
- 8/19 - Chicago, IL @ World Music Theatre
- 8/20 - Indianapolis, IN @ Deer Creek Amph.
- 8/22 - Minneapolis, MN @ TBA