April 16 [14:00 EST] — Ah spring… when a young man’s fancy turns to summer festival tours.
The folks putting together this year’s band spankin’ new R.O.A.R. tour (featuring Iggy Pop, Sponge, and the Rev. Horton Heat) have announced that the line-up will make its debut on May 24 in Omaha, Nebraska.
The tour, which takes its name from Revelation Of Alternative Rhythms, will also feature sets from Tonic, the Bloodhound Gang, Linda Perry, Ryan Downe, and Treadmill Trackstar when it rolls across America this summer.
The tour will sport the traditional festival second stage, as well as an interactive center that boasts a virtual reality simulation theater, sumo wrestling, and a Velcro fly wall among other attractions.
Here’s how the first leg of the R.O.A.R. tour looks:
- 5/24 – Omaha, NB @ West Fair Amphitheater
- 5/25 – Minneapolis, MN @ Apple River
- 5/26 – Milwaukee, WI @ Marcus Amphitheater
- 5/28 – Kansas City, KS @ Sandstone
- Cleveland, OH @ Blossom
- 5/31 – Chicago, IL @ World
- 6/1 – Davenport, IA @ Le Claire Park
- 6/3 – Cincinnati, OH @ Riverbend
- 6/5 – Detroit, MI @ Pine Knob
- 6/6 – Columbus, OH @ Polaris
- 6/7 – Indianapolis, IN @ Deer Creek
- 6/10 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Three Rivers