Pearl Jam's upcoming tour has turned out to be one of the hottest tickets of the season, and more dates will be going on sale this Saturday.
Tickets for other Jam shows were quickly snatched up last month, and in a slight touch of irony helped boost the band's nemesis, Ticketmaster, to record sales for the month of March. Tickets for the Pearl Jam concerts are $23 plus surcharges.
In related news, a spokesperson for the Chicago Cubs has confirmed that Eddie Vedder will be one of a group of singers slated to lead fans in the 7th inning stretch sing-along, "Take Me Out to the Ballgame."
The performances are part of a plan to have various celebrities take over such duties from the late Harry Caray. No date has been set for Vedder's Wrigley Field appearance, but we'll keep you posted.
Also, the soundtrack for "Chicago Cab" will be released on Jam guitarist Stone Gossard's Loosegroove label in late August/early September and will include a version of "Who You
Are" in addition to the previously unreleased "Hard to Imagine."
As we previously reported (see "Pearl Jam, Supergrass, Brad To Chip In For John Cusack Film"), the soundtrack will also include cuts by Supergrass, Brad and Hovercraft.
Here's a list of the Pearl Jam dates that go on sale Saturday:
- 6/21 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Delta Center (available through Smith Tickets)
- 6/30 - Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center (available through Ticketmaster)
- 7/18 - Portland, OR @ Rose Garden Arena (available through Fastixx)
- 8/26 - Cleveland, OH @ Blossom Music Center (available through Ticketmaster)
- 9/13 - Hartford, CT @ Meadows Music Theatre (available through Pro Tix)