As U.S. Energy Secretary Bill Richardson continues to warn of an impending energy crunch, one group of concerned citizens is stepping up ease the nation's pain: Pantera.
OK, not really, but the metal titans are offering to lighten the financial load for at least a few fans in this sweltering month. Pantera is staging a contest on its official Web site (at www.pantera.com), and 10 winners will have their electric bills picked up by the band for one month.
Those interested are urged to enter at pantera.com, while winners are urged to crank up the AC.
Meanwhile, Pantera will be busy earning enough to cover all those bills in the coming weeks. The band is still in the midst of its co-headlining run on Ozzfest 2000 and will then launch the South American leg of the tour, which includes Ozzy Osbourne, Megadeth, and Machine Head.
Should you want to see Pantera in the flesh to discuss this
bold new energy initiative, here's where to find them:
- 8/10 - Noblesville, IN @ Deer Creek Music Center
- 8/12 - Somerset, WI @ Float Rite Park Amphitheatre
- 8/14 - Maryland Heights, MO @ Riverport Amphitheatre
- 8/16 - Bonner Springs, KS @ Sandstone Amphitheatre
- 8/18 - Dallas, TX @ Smirnoff Music Centre
- 8/20 - Baytown, TX @ Houston Raceway
- 8/24 - George, WA @ The Gorge
- 8/26 - Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheatre
- 8/28 - Marysville, CA @ Sacramento Valley Amphitheatre
- 8/30 - Phoenix, AZ @ Blockbuster Desert Sky Pavilion
- 9/2 - Devore, CA @ G.H. Blockbuster Pavilion
- 9/6 - Mexico City, Mexico @ Foro Sol
- 9/9 - Buenos Aires, Argentina @ Estadio Velez Sarsfield
- 9/12 - Santiago, Chile @ Pista Atletica Mario
- 9/15 - Curitiba, Brazil @ Pedreira Paulo Leminski
- 9/16 - Sao Paulo, Brazil @ Anhembi Parking Lot