Less than one week after Pantera frontman Phil Anselmo's broken ribs led the band to put its U.S. tour on hold, the group has readied plan B, with a slate of rescheduled dates lined up for next year.
The band was to have hit the road on Wednesday (November 8) and play dates through December, but postponed those plans when Anselmo fell and broke two ribs last week (see [article id="1433005"]"Pantera Tour Stalled After Phil Anselmo Breaks Ribs"[/article]). The group's manager, Kimberly Zide, said the band will begin to make up those dates on February 20 in Minneapolis.
The band plans to add new dates around the lineup of makeup shows, Zide said. The tour of new and rescheduled dates is expected to kick off February 1 and run through April 2.
Soulfly the outfit fronted by former Sepultura leader Max Cavalera will join Pantera for the tour, according to representatives for both bands.
Pantera tour dates (additional shows
are expected to be announced soon):
- 2/20 - Minneapolis, MN @ Roy Wilkins Auditorium
- 2/24 - Grand Rapids, MI @ Deltaplex
- 2/26 - Ft. Wayne, IN @ Memorial Coliseum
- 3/1 - Detroit, MI @ The Palace
- 3/2 - Louisville, KY @ Louisville Gardens
- 3/3 - Chicago, IL @ TBA
- 3/5 - Dayton, OH @ Hara Arena
- 3/6 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Mellon Arena
- 3/8 - New York, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom
- 3/11 - Philadelphia, PA @ First Union Center
- 3/15 - Boston, MA @ Tsongas Arena
- 3/18 - Indianapolis, IN @ Pepsi Coliseum
- 3/20 - Oklahoma City, OK @ The Myriad
- 3/21 - San Antonio, TX @ Freeman Coliseum
- 3/23 - Dallas, TX @ Fair Park Coliseum
- 3/25 - Houston, TX @ Astro Arena
- 3/29 - Biloxi, MS @ Mississippi Coast Coliseum
- 4/2 - Orlando, FL @ Hard Rock Live