Sonicnet Music News
Blues-rock songstress Joan Osborne will support the September 12 release of her long-awaited second album, "Righteous Love," with a North American tour, according to Interscope Records.
The outing begins with a September 1 performance at the New York State Fair before the singer crosses the country for a September 4 show in Seattle. After covering the West Coast, Osborne will work her way back to New England and conclude with an October 11 performance in Washington, D.C.
Osborne burst onto the music scene in 1995 with the release of "Relish," which earned her seven Grammy Award nominations. The blues-rock LP showcased her powerful voice and scored a major hit with "One Of Us."
Since that time, Osborne has released one album -- 1996's "Early Recordings," which collected material from the early '90s -- but she has performed extensively, including appearances at Lilith Fair.
The singer has also contributed songs to
several soundtracks, including "Chimes Of Freedom," a duet with Bob Dylan, which appeared on the soundtrack to the 1999 television miniseries "The '60s." She also recorded a version of "Baby Love" for the soundtrack to "For Love Of The Game."
Osborne, who worked sporadically on "Righteous Love" for the past five years, produced the 11-song album with Mitchell Froom, who has worked with Sheryl Crow and Suzanne Vega.
Joan Osborne tour dates:
- 9/1 - Syracuse, NY @ New York State Fair
- 9/4 - Seattle, WA @ Memorial Stadium
- 9/5 - Portland, OR @ Aladdin Theatre
- 9/6 - Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom
- 9/8 - Las Vegas, NV @ House Of Blues
- 9/9 - San Diego, CA @ S.D. Street Scene
- 9/11 - Anaheim, CA @ Sun Theatre
- 9/12 - Los Angeles, CA @ House Of Blues
- 9/14 - Petaluma, CA @ Mystic Theatre
- 9/15 - San Francisco, CA @ Fillmore
- 9/16 - Santa Cruz, CA @ Catalyst
- 9/19 - Fort Collins, CO @ Aggie Theatre
- 9/20 - Denver, CO @ Ogden Theatre
- 9/22 - Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue
- 9/23 - St. Louis, MO @ The Firehouse
- 9/24 - Chicago, IL @ Park West
- 9/26 - Detroit, MI @ Clutch Cargo's
- 9/27 - Cleveland, OH @ The Odeon
- 9/29 - Rochester, NY @ Water Street Music Hall
- 9/30 - Northampton, MA @ Calvin Theatre
- 10/1 - New Haven, CT @ Toad's Place
- 10/3 - Boston, MA @ Avalon Ballroom
- 10/4 - New York, NY @ Irving Plaza
- 10/6 - Burlington, VT @ Higher Ground
- 10/7 - Providence, RI @ Lupo's
- 10/8 - Portland, ME @ Asylum
- 10/10 - Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre Of The Living Arts
- 10/11 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club