Motörhead Issues Stinging Condemnation Of W.A.S.P.

July 2 [16:00 EDT] -- The trouble on the road between W.A.S.P. and Motörhead has gotten even worse.

As we reported previously, Motörhead had quit the cross country excursion two weeks into the tour, but agreed to finish out the week. It turns out they didn't make it to the end of the fight shortened run without further incident. The second to last show, in the Detroit suburb of Roseland, saw fisticuffs between Motörhead Lemmy Kilmister and W.A.S.P.'s Blackie Lawless.

Motörhead has now issued a stinging condemnation of W.A.S.P. in the form a of a press release containing a blow-by-blow of the tour's disintegration, even broken up into rounds. And they make it pretty clear they consider W.A.S.P. the Mike Tyson of rock n' roll.

In a nutshell, Motörhead says that W.A.S.P. took unfair advantage of Motörhead logistical decision to go on first even though they were the bigger draw of the two acts, by "a litany of dirty deeds," including: delaying

their soundcheck until it was too late for Motörhead to have theirs; throwing all of Motörhead's personal belongings out of a shared dressing room; and generally acting arrogant.

Motörhead say they issued the press release because when they pulled out of the tour, so did most of the promoters, canceling most of the remaining dates in spite of W.A.S.P.'s decision to carry on solo. But some dates do remain, and, says Motörhead, W.A.S.P. are continuing to include them in their advertising, thus the band felt it necessary to warn their fans.

W.A.S.P. could not be reached for comment. Repeated calls to their publicist were not returned. Poor guy.