Corabi Sues Mötley Crüe

July 8 [16:30 EDT] -- The Associated Press reports that John Corabi, briefly the replacement singer for Vince Neil in Mötley Crüe, is sueing the band for at least $4 million for fraud, slander, and breach of contract.

Corabi joined Crue in 1994 after Neil split over the catchall "artistic differences." When Neil rejoined the band in September 1996 Corabi says the band told him there was still room for him withing Mötley Crüe, according to the report. But he told the AP that he was officially fired in March of this year, and had stopped receiving pay months before.

Corabi claims in the report that this left him "nearly destitute" and living off loans. Corabi apparently feels he's entitled to some of the band's current earnings, as he told the AP that he contributed to "at least 80 percent" of the music on the Crüe's current album, "Generation Swine". He disputes comments the band allegedly made claiming that he couldn't handle the pressure of

being in the band.

The AP quotes Corabi's attorney Bryan Sheldon as saying "John might never have pursued his claim if he had been treated with a little respect by his former collaborators."