September 2 [12:00 EDT] -- Live brought its "Secret Samadhi" tour to Colorado's legendary Red Rocks Amphitheater Friday night, much to the delight of the band's frontman Ed Kowalczyk.
"I love this venue!" Kowalczyk raves in a journal entry on his website. "It is such a cool vibe, the huge rocks that flank either side of the amphitheater are just amazing. You really feel like you are in different world."
Kowalczyk notes that the venue is not without its drawbacks, as the singer writes that Red Rocks' high altitude left the band winded, and sent Kowalcyk reaching for the oxygen tank a few times that night.
Kowalczyk's "Hole In The Universe" site (at www.edko.org) is full of such observations and confessions. The site features the singer's running commentary on the band's current tour, as well as digital snapshots of the band, and personal photos from Ed's youth.
If you'd rather see the band in the flesh, here's
where you can catch up with Live:
- 9/6 - Concord, CA @ Concord Pavilion
- 9/7 - Los Angeles, CA @ Greek Theatre
- 9/9 - Sacramento, CA @ Cal Expo Amphitheatre
- 9/12 - Vancouver, BC @ General Motors Place
- 9/13 - George, WA @ Gorge
- 9/14 - Santa Barbara, CA @ Santa Barbara Bowl
- 9/14 - Portland, OR @ Theater Of The Clouds
- 9/17 - Las Vegas, NV @ Aladdin Theatre
- 9/18 - Phoenix, AZ @ Blockbuster Desert Sky Pavilion
- 9/25 - Tampa, FL @ USF Sun Dome
- 9/27 - Daytona Beach, FL @ Ocean Center
- 9/29 - Pelham, AL @ Oak Mountain Amph.
- 9/30 - Antioch, TN @ Starwood Amphitheatre