After playing Japan’s Akasaka Blitz, the German godfathers of robotic electronic dance music known as Kraftwerk will come to the States for a brief string of dates that culminates with an appearance during the second day of this year’s Tibetan Freedom Concert.
The band’s mechanical electronic wanderings in the early 70s were eventually appropriated by early rap acts like Afrika Bambaata, and continue to influence techno movers and shakers today.
The group’s six-date U.S. tour kicks off on June 6 in San Francisco, and then rolls into Hollywood, Chicago, Detroit, and New York before playing the third annual Tibetan Freedom Concert, which is slated for Washington, D.C. this year.
Here’s where you can catch the techno pioneers:
- 6/7 – San Francisco, CA @ Warfield
- 6/8 – Hollywood, CA @ Palladium
- 6/10 – Chicago, IL @ Riviera Theatre
- 6/11 – Detroit, MI @ State Theatre
- 6/13 – New York, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom
- 6/14 – Washington, DC @ RFK