Jaunuary 7 [12:00 EDT] -- Detroit's greasepaint-loving rap duo the Insane Clown Posse is getting ready to launch a U.S. tour on Thursday, but don't expect to see any representatives of "Spin" magazine sitting in the V.I.P. section of any upcoming shows.
In its January issue, the magazine ran a four-page cartoon lampooning the band and its following claiming, among other things, that "ICP is offensive not for their obscenity, but for their stupidity." The cartoon also goes on to portray ICP fans as a pack of chubby suburbanites and likens the group's stage act to "a sort of circus karaoke."
The band has taken to its official website (at www.insaneclownposse.com) to retaliate, where Violent J offered only the following puzzling statement.
"Basically... ahhh, what you got is ahhh, the multitudes conforming to the masses by eculating the contributions Spin's functions of the ambiblical fractions of the
4th regument. Ahhh completely disfuntional rederiously diabolical, if I don't say so myself.... In other words.. I could give a f*** less..."
Who could argue with that?
No doubt the group will have plenty to say about Spin's less than flattering portrayal of them when they hit the road on Thursday in Buffalo, New York.
If you're fond of rapping clowns and Faygo soda, here's where you'll want to be:
- 1/8 - Buffalo, NY @ Showplace Theatre
- 1/9 - Rochester, NY @ Harro East Theatre
- 1/10 - Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
- 1/11 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 1/13 - Virginia, Beach VA @ Abyss
- 1/14 - Charlotte, NC @ Tremont Music Hall
- 1/16 - Tampa, FL @ Ritz Theatre
- 1/17 - Atlanta, Georgia @ ROXY
- 1/18 - Nashville, TN @ 328 Performance Hall
- 1/20 - Chicago, IL @ House Of Blues
- 1/21 - Chicago, IL @ House Of Blues
- 1/22 - Cleveland, OH @ Agora Theatre
- 1/23 - Cleveland, OH @ Agora Theatre
- 1/24 - Rostraver, PA @ Ice
- 1/28 - Cincinnati, OH @ Bogarts
- 1/29 - Indianapolis, IN @ Egyptian Room
- 1/30 - Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
- 1/31 - Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall