While Hole prepares to stretch out its live legs with a series of radio shows and university gigs in December, the band's management has said that the group will continue to employ Samantha Maloney of Shift as its drummer, as Patty Schemel remains out "on holiday for personal reasons." Maloney has appeared in both of Hole's recent videos: "Celebrity Skin" and the just-premiered "Malibu."
Hole is also continuing its search for a third guitarist to add to its road line-up, as we previously reported (see "Courtney Plans Hole Tour, Talks About New Guitarist Needs"), but has yet to name one.
After the series of radio concerts, Hole plans to head down under to play the Big Day Out festival in January, which includes dates in Australia and New Zealand -- regions that will be in the midst of their summer season.
Hole isn't expected to kick off its official tour in support of its current album, "Celebrity Skin," until late
winter or early spring. The dates for Hole's mini-tour in December:
- 12/1 - Boston, MA - WBCN Radio Show
- 12/2 - Durham, NH - University New Hampshire
- 12/4 - Danbury, CT - Western Connecticut State University
- 12/5 - Washington, DC @ WHFS Radio Show
- 12/9 - Seattle, WA @ KNDD Radio Show
- 12/10 - San Jose, CA @ KITS Radio Show
- 12/11 - Los Angeles, CA @ TBA