Fresh from the pages of "Time" magazine, which named the band's "Right On Time" one of the ten best albums of 1998, ska purveyors Hepcat will soon hit the road for a brief U.S. tour.
The band will leave its natural environment of California to venture east for a string of shows beginning on March 23 in Providence, RI.
For the tour, the band will be without the services of vocalist Alex Désert, who will be busy with his recurring role on the CBS Ted Danson sitcom "Becker." The musician/actor has also appeared in films like "Swingers," "Playing God," and "PCU."
Frontman Greg Lee has picked up the slack on past outings (like last year's Australian Warped tour) when Désert has been unable to join the band on the road.
After this run, the band will spend the summer working on its next album which is expected to arrive before the end of the year.
Here's how the tour shapes up:
- 3/23 - Providence, RI @ The Met Cafe
- 3/24 - Boston, MA @ Paradise
- 3/25 - New London, CT @ El-N-Gee Club
- 3/26 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 3/27 - Philadelphia, PA @ The Trocadero
- 3/28 - New York, NY @ Tramps
- 3/30 - Cleveland, OH @ The Odeon
- 3/31 - Chicago, IL @ Metro
- 4/01 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Graffiti