PJ Harvey is taking to the highways and byways of the U.S. as well as the Internet to trumpet the release of her upcoming album, "Is This Desire?"
The artist often known as Polly Jean Harvey will launch her first U.S. tour in three years on October 20, three weeks after the release of her fifth album "Desire" on September 29.
Fans hoping to sample the album before then can visit Harvey's official website (at www.pjh.org) on Sunday where the first wave of a series of clips from the work will be made available to users. On Sunday, four new tracks ("The Wind," "Angelene," "Catherine" and "The Garden") will pop up on the site in streaming RealAudio, and each day that follows will bring another new track until the album is released on the 29th. The album's first single, "A Perfect Day Elise," is currently available at pjh.org.
If you'd prefer a more visceral listening experience, you'll get plenty of chances courtesy
of Harvey's fall tour. The oft-acclaimed Harvey spent the better part of the summer gearing up for the tour by playing festival dates in Europe. You can see what she learned, and what new number she's bringing to the table this time around, at the following venues:
- 10/20 - Seattle, WA @ Show Box
- 10/22 - San Francisco, CA @ Warfield
- 10/24 - Los Angeles, CA @ Wiltern
- 10/27 - Minneapolis, MN @ First Ave.
- 10/28 - Chicago, IL @ Vic Theatre
- 10/30 - Toronto, ONT @ The Warehouse
- 11/1 - Philadelphia, PA @ TLA
- 11/2 - Boston, MA @ Avalon Ballroom
- 11/4 - New York, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom
- 11/6 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 11/8 - Atlanta, GA @ Roxy