January 9 [14:00 EDT] -- Sugar Ray will be joined by Goldfinger and Save Ferris for a string of shows that will kick off early next month and will send the band careening across the U.S. until the spring.
The dates will come after Sugar Ray wraps up a handful of European dates later this month, presumably the same dates the band had to nix last October when frontman Mark McGrath twisted his knee, forcing Sugar Ray to cut its European tour short.
Save Ferris (the ska prodigy that won "Best Unsigned Band" honors at the annual Grammy Showcase, landed a recording deal with Epic Records, and scored a rock radio hit with their cover of "Come On Eileen" all in 1997) will warm up for the outing with a handful of West coast dates at the end of this month. The band will start in Santa Barbara, California on January 24 before moving on to other Cali destinations like Palo Alto and Carmichael and will wind up with two Oregon shows in Eugene and Portland.
You can then catch
the Save Ferris, Goldfinger, Sugar Ray triple bill at the following spots:
- 2/11 - Boston, MA @ The Roxy
- 2/12 - New York, NY @ Roseland Ballroom
- 2/13 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 2/14 - Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
- 2/16 - Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
- 2/17 - Milwaukee, WI @ Modjeska Theater
- 2/18 - Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue
- 2/20 - Cincinnati, OH @ Bogarts
- 2/21 - Atlanta, GA @ Roxy Theater
- 2/23 - Lake Buena Vista, FL @ House of Blues
- 2/24 - Miami Beach, FL @ Cameo Theater
- 2/25 - St. Petersburg, FL @ Janus Landing
- 2/28 - Dallas, TX @ Bronco Bowl
- 3/1 - Austin, TX @ Ranch Studios
- 3/3 - Tempe, AZ @ Hayden Square
- 3/6 - San Francisco, CA @ The Warfield
- 3/7 - Hollywood, CA @ The Palladium