Jay-Z, Method Man, and Redman were at New York City's China Club on Tuesday for a press conference designed to officially wrap up their two-month-long, 54-date tour.DMX, the tour's co-headliner, was a no-show, but the rest of the group fielded questions about the tour, which they claim is the most successful in hip-hop history: it earned $18 million dollars and suffered no cancellations, artist drop-offs, or incidents of violence. After making hip-hop history, the Hard Knock principals will now pursue individual projects, though they told the gathered press that they might take the tour to Europe if the money was right. (They suggested that it would have to involve a very fat paycheck). Hard Knock headliner Jay-Z said he's planning to take a short vacation before resuming his duties as a record label CEO and getting back into the studio to record his fourth album. He said that he expects to have the album in stores in late December and joked that the release may be his last
(as he did before releasing "Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life").Meanwhile, Redman and Method Man told the press that they are currently writing material for a new album that they hope to have in stores this fall. The rappers also used the forum to elaborate on the "Hard Knock Life" tour documentary that we first reported on last month (see "Jay-Z Eyeing Next Studio Album, Film Projects"). Filmmakers are hoping for a theatrical release for the documentary, which will be culled from hours of footage shot during the tour's run.